Class 1 – Conductive Thread LED Circuit
Conductive thread sewn on the fabric with the red LED.
Class 2 – Soft Switch
Conductive thread connected to conductive fabric.
Class 4 – Flex Circuit
1.1K resistor used.
Ability Now Project
Prototype 1 Progress
- What size of controller / buttons would work best for him?
- How sensitive should a trigger should be?
- Can we give him a visual feedback with LED?
Prototype 1 Test
- Controller and buttons need to be bigger
- Needs some space between the buttons
- Stronger attachement between core body and fabric cover
Prototype 2 Progress
- Bigger size of buttons and spacings
- The buttons are not sensitive so they don’t get triggered but accident
- Stronger attachment between layers so they don’t break
- Programmable color changing LED
Prototype 2 Test
- Wrap around the fillings are not strong enough
- The clients could push buttons for awhile – they should be triggered only once even if so
- Customize the colors of LEDs
Prototype 3 Progress
- Even bigger size of body, buttons and spacing
- Clearer way of visual feedback (hidden LED)
- Relation to the remote he is used to (icons and colors)
Prototype 3 Test
- Program button that he uses often
- Need bigger / brighter LED
Material list: LilyPad USB, Adafruit NeoPixel, Wires, Conductive fabric, Snap, LiPo battery, Stretchy cotton (colored buttons and body), White cotton (Icons), Polyester filling, Plastic-like rubber (mid-layer), foam-core board
Presentation at Ability Now