In our second prototype it was decided that it would be better to output sound rather than visuals.
Our glove design had an accelerometer on the tip of the index finger and would trigger sound by moving it in different axis. Accelerometer was the best sensor for this purpose as it can detect slight movements depending on how we code it.
We used arduino wave shield as a way of output sounds because it was the option that was available at hand to us at the time.
We got the circuit to play one sound (which was ‘yes’) when you move the sensor in one axis. But could not get further than that due to the complexity of the coding of the wave shield. The next step would be to work it to trigger more than one sound and transferring it to the glove.