After figuring out what material we wanted to use we started crafting and assembling the components together. For the glove material we wanted something soft, flexible but durable. For our first prototype we didn’t worry too much about aesthetics but rather more on functionality. On the fabric we started drawing out a schematic of where we want our connections to be. We decided to use 3 flex sensors placed on the index finger, one on the left side of the hand, and one on the right side. Using Led’s we are trying to learn how much flexibility Sara really does have with her wrists or fingers. The Led’s will light up if Sara moves her wrist/fingers a certain way and we’ll know by how much depending by looking at the Led’s. So now we are waiting to see the results of our first prototype.
Jamie, Uriel, Brodie